Friday, October 8, 2010

Assignment 6

Personal Digital Assistants are a small, hand-held, usually pen-based computer used as a personal organizer. They can store various amounts of information like addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses. Most personal digital assistants have access to the internet. Personal Digital Assistants can be used in several different ways in the classroom. Because I am a special education major, I think that my classroom would be benefit greatly from having the use of a personal digital assistant. I think this because if a student with a disability isn’t able to read the hands on a clock, having a personal digital device to either say the time or produce the time digitally may be helpful.

Online survey tools are used for various reasons, but the most common reason they are used is to gather a group of information about an individual in one easy to find location. I think that online survey tools could be used in the classroom in many ways like trying to find out information about what the students are learning and what they want to know without taking up too much class time. Two good rules when writing good surveys are never make them too long and make them interesting.

These days I do not feel that any educator has an excuse when teaching a classroom. There are so many tools both electronically and digitally that can aid a teacher in so many ways. After reading this chapter I have learned a lot about personal digital assistants and online surveys and how the teacher can use them both to benefit her classroom. Overall it is good to know that technology keeps changing and growing, so keeping updated once I am a teacher is probably the number one thing I will always make sure I do.

References:
Jonassen, D. Howland, J. Marra, R. M. Crismond, D. (2008). Meaningful Learning With Technology. Upper Saddle River, NJ. Merrill Prentice Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment